What is there not to love about a simple, sweet lassi? It’s perfect on a hot day. It’s even great on a winter night in front of the warm fire and your favourite movie.
This sweet lassi recipe that I am going to share with you is not only delicious, it is also very easy to make. It only requires a handful of ingredients that most of you will already have in your kitchen and, of course, a blender.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
– 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup milk
– 2-3 tbsp sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
– 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
– 2-3 cubes of ice (optional)
– few strands of kesar (saffron)
– chopped pistachio and almond to top the lassi (optional)
1. Put the milk, yogurt, sugar, cardamom and ice cubes in the blender. You don’t need the ice cubes but it helps to make it colder!
2. Blend it until it’s smooth. I use the ice crush button for a few seconds at the end to froth it up a little bit.
3. Pour it into a glass. Add your strands of saffron and let it sit for a few minutes to get the flavour in.
4. Sprinkle the lassi with nuts if you choose to and then enjoy!
What’s your favourite type of lassi?