Basant is a time of celebration, festivals and a kite-filled sky in Northern India and Pakistan. If you’re missing the festivities of Basant from your childhood, here is a craft to relive the joy of this festival with your children.
Basant Craft Supplies:
- construction paper of different colors
- color pencils
Steps to follow:
- We decided on the scene below as our inspiration.
2. Take a white plain paper. Start with the buildings first and cut rectangles and paste to the bottom.
3. Using different colors, cut lots of fun shapes like rectangles, triangles and circles.
4. Make kites by gluing the shapes on the paper.
5. Add strings below the kites and you’re done!
Below is a side by side comparison of our inspiration and creation. What do you think?