If your kids love to paint, try this Simple Straw Painting craft that’s a little twist on one of their favourite activities, and it’s actually a little less messy!
Here is what you will need:
1. Straws – make sure you cut the straws a little so they aren’t too long and it’s easy for the kids to blow the paint through.
2. Thick white paper or canvas – You can use any paper that will hold paint or you can even buy small canvases from the dollar store.
3. Different colors of paint – Use pourable paint (we used acrylic).
4. Small bowls or containers – This is for mixing the paint and water. Empty yogurt containers are great for this.
5. Water – It will help thin out the paint and make this activity easier for younger kids.
1. Pour paint into different containers. Add a little bit of water to the paint to thin it out and make it it easy to blow with a straw.
2. Pour little blobs of paint on the canvas and let them blow and create, slowly adding more paint. (Tip: Have a talk with the kids about only blowing out of the straw, not sucking.)